- 2 red peppers
- 200g closed cup mushrooms, thickly sliced. (I used Chestnut mushrooms)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 150g red lentils
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 1 pack halloumi, thickly sliced
- Large handful fresh curly parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C (180Fan) gas 6. Put the vegetables into a large roasting tin and drizzle over the oil and season well. (I actually put the oil into a bowl first and coated the veg well before putting into the tin).
Roast the veg for 25 mins until almost tender. Sprinkle over the lentils and pour over the hot stock. Continue to cook in the oven for a further 15 mins until the lentils and veg are cooked through.
Pre heat the grill to high. Lay the halloumi slices on top of the roasted vegetables and grill for 2-3 mins until golden. (Because my grill takes ages in the oven I pre cooked the halloumi on a griddle pan and then layed it on top – worked just as well). Sprinkle over the chopped parsley. serve in warm bowls with fresh crusty bread.